The CBBS has 96 members from six faculties of Otto-von-Guericke-University, the Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology and from the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases in Magdeburg.
Application for CBBS is started through an informal letter of intent to the CBBS board of directors. Please attach your CV along with your publication record and history of third party funding acquisitions. Please send this application via Email to the CBBS coordinator. New members are decided upon by the CBBS board of directors.
Prerequisites for becoming a full member are:
1) Completed PhD and own external third party funding at time of application
2) Excellent publication record (age-related), alternative patents or similar merits of excellence
3) Membership of one of the research institutions in Magdeburg (otherwise you will only be able to become an associate member as stated below)
Prerequisites for becoming a temporary full member are:
1) Completed PhD and sponsorship by CBBS or CBBS ScienceCampus
2) Membership is limited to duration of sponsorship but a change to full membership is possible when criteria are met
Prerequisites for becoming an associate member are:
Emeriti, external scientists (e.g. former members), industry or administration candidates